Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Two-Face

Putting on the mask, I gain a different face
Exploring the world through new perceptions.
Developing my character at an unfamiliar pace
Original personality hiding within my concentration
Buried beneath the new emotions.

My pink rosy cheeks transform a palish gray,
Wrinkles now visible under my eyes,
The soft wind causes my frail mustache to sway,
But my ancient appearance seems wise
and my fragile image is expressed through my motions

Taking off the mask, I reveal my former self,
Free from my imitation of another personality,
Regaining the appearances of my former self.
Again feeling young and mighty,
but forgetting who I originally was momentarily.

Later I become stressed and put the mask back on,
Releasing me from my own prison,
Wishing to avoid my problems for eons.
Realizing stress is inevitable again my old self is reawakened,
But I discover this transition can be used effectively.

-Jeff Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment