Monday, February 2, 2009

Numb

As I lay here, I cannot help but think
About life and who I am currently
Numb to everything surrounds. Can't blink 
For fear the thing I am missing simply

Will pass me by. Is it something primal
The need for another body, heat source?
Surely not now, useless, it's criminal
My inhibitions' solutions force. 

I may fight or try to ignore demands,
But the emptiness soon consumes ending
All my work. Pulling me from understand-
Ing how to fill this hole, stop my falling. 

Now at the age of eighteen without any
Answers discovered I look to other,
More terrifying answers so many. 
This is how I know, begin to shudder. 

Everyone around me can now see it. 
I have gone further than my body will
It starts to deny my form of treatment.
The systematic destruction kills. 

Now all the poison exits my body
Empty once more, the need never ending.
-Ben Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment