Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Shadows

Alone, I sat in a darkened room,
no light, only the computer screen illuminating my presence.
Haunted by the shadows, I wonder why I have no fear,
then I remember in the shadows, She was always near,
Like an illusion, Her taking the dark,
Me taking Her pain,
Together, We were making it all disappear.
Where are you Dear Sister? Who now will wipe your tears?

I search Her name on this page everyone calls their own,
But Her page is only accessed by private,
In the darkness I sat alone.
I stare blankly at the portrait on display,
Where is my Dear Sister? Who is this young woman in her place?

At this moment I realized, a stranger She has become,
We were once bound at the heart,
Now only by titles; Daughter, and Forsaken Son.
Where are you Dear Sister? Why are we so far apart?

I don’t recognize her smile, or those eyes like mine,
I only recognize the shadows with me, intertwined.
The room is no longer blackened,
Brought to life by morning light,
I’ve been awake for days.
Still in darkness I sit alone,
Forever missing my Dear Sister, hoping all is alright.
Where are you my Dear Sister? When will you come home?

~Wes Francis Maga'Lahi Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment